The Oyo State medical doctors under the aiges of Association of Medical and Dental Officers (AMDO) on Friday commenced indefinite industrial action against the state government for failing to meet up with their demands.
Ajibolu Adeniran Oke, Chairman of the association, made this known in a circular issued on Friday, a copy which was made a available to InsideOyo.com.
According to the circular, the action came after the expiration of 21-day ultimatum issued since June 2020, but which was suspended after medical doctors were asked to give Governor Makinde enough time to settle down in office, a member of the association who preferred anonymity told InsideOyo.com on Friday.
“This is an agitation for Oyo state to recruit more staff, doctors, nurses and other staff, among other requests. The State’s health service is suffering from shortage of staff,” he said.
In December 2020, a similar industrial action was also suspended when government officials requested for more time to meet the demand and implement their requests.
The association directed all doctors in the State service to resume duty only from 8:00am to 4:00pm daily (Monday-Sunday) to attend to emergencies.
It further stated that there shall be NO services provided after 4:00pm and no admissions of patients at government hospitals.
The circular below:
5th February, 2021
Dear Esteemed Members of AMDO
COMMENCEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION BY MEDICAL DOCTORS IN THE OYO STATE SERVICE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL & DENTAL OFFICERS OF OYO STATE (AMDO).
The Association of Medical and Dental Officers in Oyo State (AMDO), reviewed her stand on the suspended industrial action in which a 21-day ultimatum notice was given to Government of Oyo State on 15/06/2020 but was suspended to honour His Excellency-Engineer Seyi Abiodun Makinde-The Governor of Oyo State.
Another industrial action was suspended in December, 2020 and a 6-week ultimatum notice was issued to the state Government on 24th December 2020 on the ground that the demands would have been met by 4th February, 2021.
We suspended the proposed December 2020 imdustrial action and had waited till the moment for our demands to be met, but are still largely unmet.
PRAYERS1. That 2019 CONMESS be implemented in Oyo State with arrears from August, 2020. (LAUTECH is already enjoying this with Skipping as we speak).
2. That each Unit or it’s equivalent in our facilities is expected to have a minimum of eight Medical/Dental Officers (Doctors) or facilities be merged together to achieve this expected minimum number of Doctors. The situation of one Doctor per General Hospital /Dental centre or no Doctor at all in a General Hospital / Dental centre is no longer acceptable.
3. That Doctors with additional qualifications for example, Postgraduate Diplomas holders, Post Part-1 Doctors and Masters of Public Health holders be advanced with immediate effect.That Post-Part 2 Doctors be appointed as Consultants.
4. That promotions should be done as and when due, otherwise, when promotions are done at a later date than supposed, Government must pay arrears of the promotion accordingly.
5. That Medical Practitioners on GL-15, 16 and 17 be paid Specialists allowance in recognition of their expertise, experience and years of service as reflected and recognized by the scheme of service.
6. That Medical Doctors in administrative positions in Oyo State be paid their salaries with CONMESS.
7. That Medical Doctors who retire on GL 16 & 17 be given their last basic salary as pensions according to circular 1 of 1991.
8. That rural allowance be restored to rural facilities.That administrative allowance be given to all heads of Hospitals.
9. That the arbitrary and outrageous tax being charged on our salaries be reviewed downwards accordingly. Also Pay-slips must be issued every month to members by the accounts Unit of each facility.
10. The renewed ultimatum of 6weeks given to Government in December 2020 lapses on 8:00am on Friday 5th February 2021.
Following this, and considering this in it’s entirety:
On the approval of the congress of AMDO, I hereby declare that an industrial action is unsuspended and shall commence by the virtue of the fact that the demands which were promised to be done in the last 6weeks were not fully fulfilled as follows:
A) Doctors in the State service shall be on duty only from 8:00am to 4:00pm daily (Monday-Sunday) to attend to emergencies.B) There shall be NO services provided after 4:00pmC) No admissionsD) This shall be in force for the next *four* weeks from today Friday 5th of February, 2021 and shall be reviewed at expiration of one week.
Kindly ensure compliance.
Ajibolu AdeniranOKEChair AMDO5th February, 20216:50 Hour
Like this:Like Loading…